BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION
Boulder County Circles Campaign is a community ending poverty one family at a time.
BECOME A CIRCLE ALLY
Do you want to help others achieve their goals and improve their lives? Circle Allies are community members who want to volunteer in a supportive, intentional, befriending relationship with an individual or family working to get out of poverty. Circle Allies support the Circle Leader to accomplish her or his plan. The ally time commitment is approximately 5 hours a month.
The process for becoming an ally is as follows:
- Submit an online application
- Interview with a Circles Coordinator and Coach
- Attend Ally training
- Complete a background check
- Attend your first meeting
- Attend as many meetings as possible until matched with a Circle Leader
JOIN A TEAM
Joining a team means a commitment of one 1.5 hour meeting a month for most teams with additional work done on your own or in subcommittees.
- The Guiding Coalition provides leadership to the Circles Campaign by providing programmatic vision.
- The Jobs & Education Team supports Circle Leaders by seeking opportunities and resources that increase their income potential and educational prospects, like the Opportunities to Compete program.
- The Big View Team focuses on systemic changes presenting barriers to Circle Leaders moving forward.
- The Recruitment Team supports the campaign by working closely with the coordinator to recruit potential Allies.
- The Resource Team plans, coordinates and monitors provision of material goods, in-kind services and alternative resources.
- The Community Team coordinates celebrations at our sites and acts as a welcoming committee.
MAKE AN INVESTMENT
You or your business can make a tax deductible investment to support the Circles Campaign.
Contribute to Circles
- A donation of any amount can be made to support the program
Sponsor a weekly dinner
- A donation of $200 will provide a community meal
Sponsor a Getting Ahead Class
- A donation of $500 will provide the curriculum and materials for Getting Ahead.
- A donation of $1200 will provide families with dinner for a 15 week course.
- A donation of $2000 will provide child care for a Getting Ahead class so parents can focus on moving their families out of poverty.
- A donation of $3500 will provide stipends for food and gas for Getting Ahead participants.
OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE
In 2013 The Opportunities to Compete program (OTC) was created to provide Circle Leaders a "hand up" in the hiring process. The way it works is that Circle Leaders who meet the minimum requirement for an open positon are guaranteed to proceed through the first round of applicant screening, typically ensuring them an interview.
This does three things:
- It provides Circles Leaders an opportunity to gain experience with the hiring process and interviewing; and it may just open the doors for some who would have had no other access or a level playing field for the potential to compete (interview) for a job.
- It accomplishes an even more important goal of Circles - it helps develop social capital/relationship capital which happens when an upper-middle income or middle-income hiring manager meets someone they may not have known who lives in their community.
- And finally, it puts a human face on the Circles Campaign and on poverty in the community.
The OTC agreement is in place with several employers across Boulder County:
City of Boulder
City of Longmont
City of Lafayette
Sister Carmen Community Center
Longmont United Hospital
Boulder Valley School District
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
BOULDER COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAMS | PO BOX 471, BOULDER, CO 80306 | 303.441.1503